Free Swedish course for absolute beginners. Focus will be on oral communication. You will learn simple, everyday Swedish with help from our teachers at Folkuniversitetet.
You are either an asylum seeker or have been granted a residence permit, but are still living in reception accommodation. The course is free. You must state your LMA number when you enroll. Please bring your LMA card to the first lesson. To enroll, enter the booking form and press the green “Send” button. We will get back to you soon. If you have questions just press the green "Contact" button.
You will learn the basics of Swedish. The goal is that you will be able to make yourself understood (and will be able to understand others) in everyday situations such as contact with the Swedish Public Employment Service or school authorities. Other examples include: saying “hello”; shopping; and giving and asking for simple information.
To enter a course, you do not need to know any Swedish. However, you must know the Latin alphabet.
- We practice all language skills – speaking, reading, listening and writing
- The focus is on oral communication
- Teaching is in Swedish
- You take an active part in the lessons
- Exercises in pairs and small groups are an important part of the course. You will have maximum opportunity to use the language
- Between lessons, you need to study at home
- Your teacher will continuously help you to assess your progress
- Each course is about 40 hours
Please enter the booking form below